Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Packed and Ready

Finally. Got the house as organized as it's going to get, Riley packed, myself packed, presents together...and I am sure I am missing something. I am going to be in Pittsburgh for about 10 days, so I had to make sure I packed enough clothes. I am starting to become a pro! What used to take me literally hours to do, I can get myself and Riley packed in about an hour. I am sure my husband is rolling his eyes just reading this. :)

WELL, Christmas will be here in 24 hours. Hard to believe. I have to admit it has been a tough holiday season. I think I just get a slap in the face sometimes and think, "is this all really happening?" And instead of throwing a pity party for myself I am working as hard as I can to think about all the positive things in life. (It is hard sometimes!!) Through this horrible situation, I have met some amazing people and have experienced the power of giving. After we get through this, my husband and I can not wait to pay it forward...and continue to for the rest of our life. We have had many wonderful organizations reach out to us to graciously lend a hand of support. I am in awe of the generosity of others. Whether is words of support, homemade decorations for our room, bracelets, monetary donations, dinners, hugs, fundraisers...it all means the WORLD to Matt and I.

Nolan has had an excellent week. He continues to do well in both occupational and physical therapy. He is gaining weight and is very animated and playful. Today they did an echo of his heart and had his VAD dressing changed. I think the biggest news is that he is having his pic line removed and they are going to place a port in under his collar bone. He does have a pic line infection that is currently being treated (has been for over a week). They feel it's best to remove this line and do the port since he will still need it for some time and it is less risky for infection. This means his arms will be free! I am sure he will enjoy that. The port will be placed either Thursday or Friday. Should be a pretty simple procedure.

Well, today is day 70 (almost 71!); hard to believe. Trying to stay calm and tell myself that this will happen when it is meant to happen. It would be a wonderful start to the new year! Tomorrow is a busy day. I will leave work at 12, come home, Riley and I will hop in the car with my parents (maybe I will nap!), then we'll be meeting up with my sister, Matt and Nolan! Christmas day Matt's parents and brother, Collin, will be joining us for the day. I am ready to see the family!

From my family to all of yours, we truly wish ALL of you and very Merry Christmas! I hope Santa brings everyone what they want, and most importantly, give your family members lots of hugs and enjoy each other!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to all of you and I prayer Santa brings Nolan the greatest gift of all.. Lots of hugs to you all and brightest wishes for the upcoming New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corinne and family, we are sending you lots of hugs, prayers and wishes for a heart for Nolan. We continue to keep Nolan in our prayers for a healthy recovery. ��

    ReplyDelete