Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Easy Does It

Nolan had another rough night yesterday. His agitation continued on through night and Matt stayed with him until about 1 am. Because of the uneasiness and wanting to keep him as calm as possible due to the subdermal hematoma, they decided to start him on IV Ativan. He seems to have a bit of a cold, so they also started him on albuterol treatments. Because of his bad night and the amount of attention he needed, they decided to return Nolan back to the CICU this morning. Throughout the day Matt said that Nolan is doing great. They are not sure about what may have started all the irritation...they believe it is between a cold, belly or headache. They will continue to observe Nolan in the CICU until further notice. Actually, I am OK with him being there because I know he is getting one on one attention. :-)

Back on the home front, today Buffalo Wild Wings had a fundraising event in honor of Nolan Heart of Steel. My coworkers and I went over lunch this afternoon and it was amazing to see so many people there supporting our son. And a huge thanks to my friend, Alicia Boyer, for getting out and asking BWW for support. We are overcome with the unity and support that is being displayed for Nolan. I hope he knows someday that it truly did take a village to raise him! We couldn't do it without all of you! I am glad people got out to show their love for Nolan and try out our newest restaurant in town!

Tonight I went over to Becky Shaner's house for dinner and to let our kids play. Kristin Daugherty and Mandy Kitzmiller also came with their kids. It was nice to hang with my good friends and watch our kids play. I am thankful for Shanerville because that is where our dog lives while we are away. We owe the Shaners big time! Mr Ben is not always the easiest fella. 

I am off to sleep. I am so happy Nolan is peaceful tonight and resting well. I have had some restless nights and I am in the need of some good sleep.

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment