Friday, December 27, 2013

Back to 8a!

Well, we are out of the CICU and back in the acute cardiac care unit. So far things have been uneventful. I am still in Nolan's room and plan to sleep here for awhile. Being on this floor you do not have the one on one nursing that we are used to in the CICU. So, until I feel comfortable up here again, I am probably going to be spending a lot of time here.

Nolan is continuing to do great. He is so happy, smiling, laughing...it is so great to see and I hope things continue to stay this way until we get the call. Today marks day 74 on the list. As much as I do not want to feel a little disappointed, I was really hoping that we would hear something over the time our families were here. BUT, it will happen when it's the perfect heart and the perfect time. So...any day now.

Nolan did have his broviac placed yesterday. The procedure went well and now both of his arms are free to flail about. The broviac is on his left side under his collar bone. He came out of the procedure happy (and high) as a clam. Everyone assured me he would sleep a lot, but he was up a good amount of the day. I think his schedule is a little off because he has been sleeping a lot today. We'll see how tonight goes.

Yesterday I spent the day at the hospital with Nolan and my parents, Matt, Megan and Riley went to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History to see the dinosaurs. There was an area where they taught Riley how to excavate fossils. They said Riley was so interested! So maybe we have a little paleontologist on our hands!

Everyone left early this afternoon. Matt and Riley will celebrate Christmas with the McLaughlin's tomorrow. My sister will get to spend some time in the Muncy area...she heads back to Chicago on Monday. Tuesday Matt will be coming here so we can spend New Years together. I am hoping to go out to a nice dinner together, then ring the new year with Nolan. Riley will be with Matt's mom and dad. I am PRAYING that 2014 is a better year. I know many people that had hardships through the year and, well, ours also wasn't great...however, we did receive our miracle boy. I would never change a thing and we'll fight for him for as long as it takes.

I had a surprise visitor from home today. Tamara Patterson-Taylor, an old co-worker, was in the area to drop her daughter off at school. It was so kind of her to go out of the way to see me and Nolan. Seeing a familiar face in this setting is both comforting and strange. But, Tamara, thank you so much for your kind words and big hugs. I truly appreciated it. :)

WELL, I am going to pull up Netflix and watch a bad movie. I hope everyone had a nice holiday week. It is hard to believe we will be heading into a new year in less than a week!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment