Saturday, December 21, 2013

Everything is OK!

I am sorry it has been two days since I sent an update. Everything is OK! Actually, Nolan is doing amazing. Ideally this would be the perfect time to get a heart because he is in such a good spot. He is a big, healthy boy. They weigh him everyday and the last weight I saw was just about 19 pounds. Unbelievable! They want him to put on as much weight as possible before the transplant surgery. So, we are all just READY! I think all around the doctors are just itching to get donors in because there are three beautiful babies waiting for the gift of life. I do not think they have done a pediatric transplant since maybe late September, so it's time. Maybe Riley will be right? I get goosebumps thinking about it.

So, I have had a nice weekend so far. Last night I went out to eat with some of my girlfriends. It is always nice to see friends and have a moment where you feel...normal. And hearing their words of confidence and reassuring me that everything will be OK brings comfort. I mean, my gut tells me that everything is going to be OK and that Nolan is going to be amazing - but, you still always have to be realistic about the situation. And, it's obviously scary. Tonight we went over to Bill and Melissa Martens house for Oregon East's Annual Solstice Party. (Oregon East is a running club that we belong to.) I haven't seen many of our close family friends since this all started, so it was fun to catch up with everyone. Now Riley and I are sleeping over at my parents tonight. My parents and I are watching the Penn State girls volleyball game. We are all in our jammies, drinking red wine and eating popcorn. It's nice to be with family...in our home. I just miss my boys!

Nolan update...again, he is doing amazing. They slightly weaned some of his methadone and has responded really well. We are still in the CICU because I believe the 8th floor is full.Quite honestly, I don't mind being in the CICU...we know all the nurses and just feel comfortable there. Nolan has been doing great during physical therapy and is so strong! As far as milestones go, I don't think he is going to have a problem catching up once he receives his heart. We are still working with speech therapy on his gag reflex. The more we work on that the sooner we can begin feedings after the surgery. Nolan did have visitors the other day. A few players from the Pittsburgh Penguins stopped by, along with their mascot! Nolan was asleep during their visit, but it was a fun surprise for Matt! (the picture is a bit fuzzy.)

WELL, that is about it. Again, sorry for the delay on the updates. I got home late Thursday night and last night was a night with my friends. I know many who keep up on the updates get concerned when I don't send out anything for a couple days. I PROMISE that I will let everyone know when we receive the call. I am SO, SO excited for that day!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment