Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiting Patiently - Kind Of

It was a good night for the McLaughlin's in Pittsburgh and the McLaughlin's in Muncy. Not only that, when Matt and I had our morning call he really had nothing new to update prior to rounds with the team of doctors. He said that Nolan was pretty agitated, but they think it was due to one of his sedation meds running low and they took him off of round the clock Tylenol. He is still teething, and weaning from sedation (which causes headaches) and teething at the same time has proven to be the pits.

After rounds Matt called me and said, "Wow, that was an interesting rounding." Turns out the neurology told cardiology and the transplant team that Nolan is set to go should a heart come for him! We are 1/2 a week ahead of schedule! That is some exciting news, I am beyond anxious for the day to get here. Other than that, they decided to start his round the clock Tylenol and focus on keeping him comfy since yesterday he seemed to be in a great spot.

He had PT and OT come by today. OT let him try out the bottle again. Matt said he did a little better, but was still a little "gaggy." Matt said by the end of the day he was himself again. No word on when we will move to the 8th floor. So really, the waiting just continues.

Tonight Riley and I went over to our great friends, Jon and Lindsey Houseknecht, house to eat dinner and play with their sons, Jay and Jordan. It is always fun to see our kids interact with one another. The boys were wear their Nolan Heat of Steel t-shirts - more information on them SOON! Lindsey made a delicious home-cooked dinner - and it's always great to be with any of the Houseknecht's, as they are like family to us. The weekend is quickly approaching! Riley and I will be heading to Pittsburgh this weekend. I am excited to have a weekend with my little family. I am working on getting Riley healthy...she has a little cough.

Just a random comment, but, can anyone believe that Thanksgiving is in two weeks? All I have to say is...WHAT A YEAR. When you look back a pictures from a year ago, 6 months ago...I think, WOW, I had no clue our lives were about to completely change. And really, I have taken many positive things from this situation, but I am READY to start 2014 off on a good note. Hopefully with a new heart and close to being on our way home. I truly wish everyone a good rest of the year...but an AMAZING 2014. I know too many people that have had a rough year also. I know that bad things happen in life, but I know many people that deserve some GOOD.

Off to bed. Hope everyone had a good first half of the week and is ready to ease on into the weekend (and a little warmer weather I hear!)

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment