Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Seven Months!

It seems like years ago that Nolan was born. For some that don't know, seven months ago on April 12 I gave birth to this super hero. In fact, he WAS born a super hero. I went into labor at 33 weeks and on the day of my 34th week of pregnancy the doctors felt it would be best that Nolan be born via c-section. After 5 days in labor (that's right, ladies!) Nolan was born perfectly healthy weighing 5 lbs 4 oz and 17 inches long. Only spending less than 4 hours in the level 2 nursery for observation, Nolan spent the rest of the time in our room with us. He was such a fighter then, and still continues to win every battle that comes his way.

Two weeks later is when Nolan started presenting respiratory issues. After three hospital stays he was diagnosed with periodic breathing and fought several viral infections. It has been the longest 7 months. I think to myself that in the next 7 months I could quite possibly have my family all with me and be in the process of putting the pieces of our life back together. It is actually more than a possibility, I KNOW we will be in the process of getting OUR lives back. The life Nolan deserves and the life Riley deserves. I can't wait.

SO - happy 7 months to our super hero. He is doing AMAZING. So amazing that they are discussing transferring him to the 8th floor, which is a step down unit, where he will stay until his new heart arrives. All of his tests keep coming back great, he is on the perfect level of heparin where his PTT levels are perfect and Matt tells me he is "waking up" more. (they are still lowing his sedation, so he is more himself!) The doctor's seem hopeful that a heart could be coming soon because they have not had a call with one in Nolan's range for over 4 weeks. I think everyone is just so anxious because they know the time is so near, he is in good health and they don't want anything to set him back. He is ready (well, really will be after Friday. That is when neurology is giving it the OK.)

We are heading into mid-week! Tonight Riley and I went over to my good friend's house and joined a group of amazing ladies who are planning a benefit for Nolan. There's more information to come soon, however EVERYONE mark February 23 on your calendar as Nolan - Heart of Steel Benefit. I will provide more information soon, I just wanted to start spreading the "save the date." It will be held in Williamsport at Benjies. It is going to be an awesome event!

Again, thank you all for your support, kindness, prayers, love and compassion through this. It is going to be a long road, and because of you all, we don't feel alone. No matter what, we have an amazing "team" fighting for Nolan and for us. We appreciate it more than you know.

Another day gone, and a new day to conquer the world and continue to keep fighting the fight. He amazes me!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment