Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Family Weekend

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't provide an update yesterday. Nolan is doing great! We had a really nice weekend as a family. Riley got to see her brother and talk with him. I was amazed by the way he looked at her. I think he remembers who she is! Riley spent a lot of time playing with her dad. She is growing up so quickly, I don't want to miss it during these crazy times. Currently Matt is in Pittsburgh for two weeks and we alternate, except I only stay one week. The weekend between Matt's two week stay we are going to start having Riley come with me to Pittsburgh. It's hard for Matt to be away from Riley for over 14 days. And hard for her! Also, it's good for us all to be together as a family.

Saturday we spent the morning with Nolan. He still has bouts of agitation and there's no real reason behind it. We think it is a combination of teething, wanting to move around but he can't, wanting to be held, etc. We have him sitting up in the purple chair for the entire morning, and he does enjoy that. Nolan also had his first taste of pears and carrots! He loved the pears...carrots, not so much. Matt, Riley and I went back to the Ronald McDonald house to watch the Penn State game so Riley could nap. The entire day was nice and relaxing. For dinner we went over to our friends house, Ajay and Ang. There are a group of my friends from Penn State, who all happen to live near the hospital, so we are very lucky to have all of them so close. We had delicious dinner, desserts and drinks - so it was a very FUN night! Matt and I need these nights here and there. Helps us feel normal for a period of time.

This week coming up Nolan will probably be transferred to the 8th floor where he will wait until his heart arrives. Everyone is having feelings that it is going to happen sooner rather than later, but I just want to take everything day by day. I hate to get my hopes up. I know it will happen, and I feel it will at least before the new year. I am ready to start 2014 on a positive note!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We did, and now it's on to another week! Our Monday tradition continues, Riley is (supposed to be) sleeping next to me. :)

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
http://teamnolan.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment