Friday, November 15, 2013

Back In The 'Burgh

Riley and I made it to Pittsburgh! The trip got interesting around Murrysville (right outside the city). First, Riley made me pull over because she said she "poopied." So, I checked and there was nothing. Then we kept driving and she was still whining saying she "poopied." Her whining got worse and worse. Then she started screaming and began throwing up all over herself. I was stuck in traffic, she was simultaneously screaming and throwing up. Finally I got us pulled over, got her all cleaned up and her seat. I think it was just car sickness because she is totally normal now. I am scared to drive her home!

After getting situated in the apartment at the Ronald McDonald house, we all went over to see Nolan. He looks amazing and like his old self! He is trying to lift himself up, moving his arms around, chewing his hands...all great to see. Matt said the rest of the day was good. When I was over there they were looking at the VAD pump and discussed some build up that has seemed to increase. I heard them discussing the possibility of having to place on a new pump again. So, more to come on that tomorrow. He heparin level looks a little higher than when I was here - and I saw baby food out, so I think they may have dabbled in that! I will get a better idea of what ALL has been going on tomorrow. It's hard to fully discuss the entirety of everything between Matt and I, so I will get the synopsis of the week tomorrow.

Tonight we are just relaxing in the apartment, watching some hockey and ordered some dinner. We were hesitant to take Riley out after her episode on the way down. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend my whole family!

More to come tomorrow! We hope everyone has a great weekend!

#nhos
http://teamnolan.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment