Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fun Weekend

I am sorry I didn't provide an update yesterday. All is well with Nolan, so no worries! In fact, Nolan is doing WONDERFUL. He is officially off of his oxygen and weaned back off of the precedex (sedative). I love the weekends because I get to see Matt. Sunday's are not fun. It is hard to leave Nolan, and Matt. I am so happy when I walk into our house and I get to see my Riley Roo. I don't know what I would do without her! She is currently snuggled next to me sleeping. My new Sunday night tradition when I get back home. I love every moment.

SO, back to our super man, Nolan. He is looking awesome. Even all the doctors made comments of it this weekend. I think now that we have his sedation figured out, he is on a good path. He really has made some amazing improvements from the strokes. He is moving his head to the right to compensate for vision issues, using his right hand more and seems all around more active. We had him sitting up in a chair and he loved it. His VAD pump still has a small clot, but they are happy because it looks like it is smaller. They have continued to up his anticoagulant medications and in one week neurology says that he is good to go if a heart should come. He has not been taken off the list, however if a heart would come tonight or sometime this week they would have to deny it and take him off the list. So, I just hope next week is the week! He is so ready and so is everyone else.

We had a great weekend. My parents came with Matt, and Collin (Matt's brother) came on Saturday. I do love the area around the hospital. There are so many great restaurants, bars and bowling! We bowled a game on Saturday and it was a blast. I barely left the hospital this week, so it was nice to get out and let loose a little. It's always great to see Matt's brother. He is in his last year of residency at Penn in Philadelphia, so we don't see him too often. I know it's nice for him to get a moment and have some fun.

Well, Matt is now in Pittsburgh taking care of our little man. I pray he has a great week and we get some amazing news next week. It's so strange being at home. It takes me about a day or so to feel some sense of comfort. Just doesn't feel like HOME when my whole family isn't together. I long for the day when we are all together again in our house. Some day, but that day just can't come fast enough!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment