Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nolan Website Up and Running

I just got done getting my house together before I head out for the weekend, so this will be a quick post! That also means that I really don't have much news to report today because Nolan has continued to do well. He still has some agitation issues, so this morning they placed a call to GI to make sure there isn't something going on with his belly. Not sure if he saw them today or not.

He did have an echocardiogram done yesterday, It did show that he developed a mural thrombi, which are clots adherent to the vessel wall of his heart. It is nothing they are alarmed about, but they will keep a close eye on it. They also increased his heparin level a bit, so this should possible help dissolve the clot.

Other than that, Nolan had an exciting time with OT today. To help with his teething and learning how to suck again, they gave him a Popsicle! Matt said that he LOVED it! He also got a bath today and Matt said that when he rested he looked so peaceful and seemed to actually get some real rest.

So, another good day! Riley and I had a nice night. I came home to my mom and Janice and Fred Springman hanging out with Riley. Then my good friend, Melissa Koch and her baby girl, Abby came over and fed Riley and I some delicious stew and we watched the girls beat each other up. I think Riley forgets how to share! That will change soon enough!

Now, on to some official announcements. One of my great friends/co-workers created a webpage for Nolan Heart of Steel, with the help of a committee of friends who are planning an amazing event on February 23, 2014. By going to http://teamnolan.weebly.com/, you will be able to access information about the upcoming event, you can shop for Nolan Heart of Steel items (bracelets, jewelry, t-shirts) and learn more about dilated cardiomyopathy. The website is in the beginning stages and we will continue to update, so mark this site in your favorites! :)

Thank you everyone for the support. Our little boy is the luckiest guy to have so many caring people checking on him every day. Riley and I are excited to get there to see him and hug daddy!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
http://teamnolan.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment