Saturday, October 26, 2013

Steady Saturday

Nolan started out his morning getting to spend some time with his dad. He had another good night and currently only has one main line running Heparin (anticoagulation). THAT IS IT! He has weaned off of all cardiac medicines and is receiving all of his sedations orally. They are working towards getting rid of all of his lines to reduce the risk of infection. He is looking amazing! He does struggle a bit with weaning off the sedation, but that is to be expected. He did have some minor bleeding due to the Heparin, so he received a blood transfusion this morning.

It is so wonderful to see our son again! He is coherent, plays with his toys, hugs his lovey and is a little whiney, but I think he is sore. They said it could take him two weeks to heal from the open heart surgery. He is such a tough cookie, I am amazed at how well he is doing! I think everyone here is. Now that we are in a more stable time, those scary times come out of the woodwork and doctors are now telling us what a serious situation we were in. I can't express how happy I am that we are here. This hospital is amazing. They are so supportive and caring...and they love our son, which makes me love them all!

My sister made it in to town! It is always great to see Auntie Megan. She has been such a rock for us during this time...I can feel her hugs daily all the way from Chicago. Tonight we are heading to Brookfield to watch the Penn State/Ohio State game (WE ARE!!!!) We were supposed to meet my best friends from Penn State, Alisa and Kelly. But sadly, Alisa decided that this would be a great time to get an appendicitis and have to have an emergency appendectomy today. :) POOR GIRL! So instead, we are walking over to Shadyside Hospital to see her before we go watch the game. Feel better soon, Alisa!

Tomorrow they are hoping to remove Nolan from his oxygen. They were going to do it today, but they had to stitch up an spot where one of his drains was placed because there was a little bit of bleeding. They made the decision to let him relax the rest of the day. He is still getting feedings and is starting to put on weight! I even think he looks a little longer!

That is really all I have to report for today. This morning I went through some mail we have received here and the support and love we get from people - some anonymous - is amazing. It is such a great feeling because we know we aren't alone. Thank you everyone!

Well, I am going to kiss my little boy and head over to take care of my girl, Alisa. I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend...and GO PENN STATE! A win against the Buckeyes would be amazing!!

#nhos

3 comments:

  1. Such a little boy with a superheros strength! Sending love your way little Nolan and family! ♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fighter little Nolan is. Always knew he would after showing us his little fists after the first week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nolan looks great! So happy he is doing well . Will keep him and the whole team in my prayers! Thanks so much for sharing his progress!

    ReplyDelete