Sunday, October 20, 2013

Another Weekend Gone

Sorry I did not post yesterday. I was hoping that I could have announced that Nolan's breathing tube was removed, but it ended up not happening. They did two breathing exercises and he ended up not doing horrible, but he just wasn't 100% ready. So, they told Matt and I that they were going to keep him comfortable over night, continue his antibiotic for the infection in his lungs and try again in the morning.

This morning they took a chest X-ray and it looked as though he had developed some fluid around his right lung. Because of this fluid, it was making it hard for him to breath on his own, which was why he wasn't doing well during the breathing exercises. So, in order to remove this fluid they had to do a small procedure where they placed a tube into his lung so it could drain. It was a pretty simple procedure and they did it right in his room.

After that was done, my mom, dad and I said our good-bye's to Mr. Nolan and headed back east to Muncy. It was very weird driving into Muncy today. I just feel very incomplete. It is like my house is completely empty (and messy...ha!) BUT, I have my baby girl to the right of me - sleeping soundly on the couch. I am so thankful for her.

I spoke to Matt. He watched the Steelers with Nolan tonight (BIG WIN!) and said that Nolan was doing much better after the fluid removal. Tomorrow they will try again to wean the vent...and let's REALLY HOPE that it is a success and I can send you all a picture of our little champion! I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight - first time since September 30.

Thank you all for the continued prayers and support. I want you all to know that Matt and I (and our entire family) are so appreciative for everything!

More to come tomorrow. Matt will be keeping me up-to-date so I can keep you all up-to-date! Back to work tomorrow...looking forward to seeing my co-workers :)

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment