Friday, October 25, 2013

Reunited!

Well, my mom and I made it to Pittsburgh! I am currently sitting in Nolan's room while he is getting cleaned up from a massive poo. It got onto his VAD dressings, so they are now having to do an entire dressing change. When they do that they have to totally scrub and gown up, so this is going to be a QUICK post!

The staff here is amazing. The minute I walked in they said, "Mom, do you want to snuggle Nolan?" and I was like, "Ummm...YEAH!" So here we are...reunited again! He was completely content, but then got nauseated due to the withdraw he is having from sedation. I could hear his stomach churning, so yep...got vomited on, which followed a huge poop. But then he was just as content as could be. I loved EVERY moment of it. He looks amazing! He is off of a few heart medication and they are currently focusing on weaning the sedation. That is where withdraw symptoms start. He's had a lot of nausea (throwing up), but they have helped him with some medications. They say he is doing great and everyone here things he is such a trooper! I am proud of him.:)

Anyway, I will post more tomorrow morning. He had a good day. Just having effects from weaning sedation, which is to be expected. Matt, my mom and I are going to head to dinner and get some good sleep. I can't wait to spend the day with him tomorrow!

#nhos

5 comments:

  1. Sweet picture. What a great way to end a Friday and start a weekend. You're amazing Lil N!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smile tells it all, the joy of holding your child close. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo happy to see Nolan in your arms!!! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Sending our love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you got to hold him! You and Matt and the whole family will love him through this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture brings tears of joy to my eyes, it is so great to see you holding your little man!

    ReplyDelete