Sunday, October 27, 2013

Quick Sunday Night Update

I just wanted to write a quick update before going to sleep. It was harder than ever to leave Nolan and Matt today. I think because Nolan is less sedated and more himself. I can't wait for Friday to come and hold him all weekend (and have a nice weekend with Matt). Nolan is doing excellent. Because things have changed so quick the past couple days, I truly believe in miracles and am thankful for the brilliant staff at Children's Hospital at Pittsburgh. They saved my son. Without them a piece of our life would be gone and never could be replaced. I can't thank them enough.

I am hoping that the coming weeks while we wait for Nolan's heart is a quiet one. He could very well be out of the CICU and placed into a step-down unit by mid-week. I am excited for him to make this move, however a little sad because I love the nurses in the CICU! This week they will focus on getting all lines removed (except for the VAD) and work on increasing feedings. Hopefully we can move onto bottle feedings by next weekend.

Well, I am going to cut this short for the night and hopefully get some GOOD sleep to start off another great week for our family. It is always nice to be here and see my little girl. She was coloring a picture today in Sunday school and told the teacher that she was going to give it to her baby brother, Nolan. She also asked me to go to the hospital and see Nolan. It makes me feel good in the sense that I know she misses him and she is understanding that he is sick. This is hard on us all - but will bring us closer in the end!

To end, I can't explain enough how wonderful it is to see my baby boy be more like himself! Holding him in my arms is better than anything in the world. We are so fortunate to have a chance to give him the life he deserves. I know that he has made Matt, Riley and I better people. I will thank him for that forever.

OK - BED TIME! Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to good week!

#nhos

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you every day!! So glad to hear things are going well!! Thoughts & prayers continue for your strong family!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete