Monday, March 31, 2014

A Big Monday

A big day for the McLaughlin's. We had an early morning, Riley waking us up around 5:30 am. Matt took her downstairs then Nolan woke up shortly after that. SO, all of us were up by 6 am watching cartoons. Then Daddy and Riley got ready and headed out for the start to a big day...Riley's first day back at school!

Nolan and I had a good morning. He had one throw up all day, but is still pretty gaggy. Quite frankly, I am still not feeling 100% and neither is Matt, so we are all still recovering, but all doing better! We had our first visit with Nolan's nurses from Bayada Pediatrics. They were amazing! I feel so comfortable and at ease! It's always hard leaving your kids...it was hard seeing Riley leaving today, but meeting the clinical manager and one of the nurses was wonderful. We are so fortunate to have them in our area!

After we met with the nurses and got our plan set for tomorrow, Nolan took an amazing nap. I got a chance to get some stuff done around the house and feel like I made a little dent. A little here and a little there. I think slowly I am feeling better about our new norm, adjusting...and each day will get easier. So, tomorrow I start back to work. I look forward to it! Wednesday Matt and I are taking the day off work because Nolan has appointments locally. First we have an appointment with our family doctor, then labs and finally we have to drive to Harrisburg to meet with our Hershey Medical Center Pediatric Cardiologist. What is great is that once a month Hershey Pediatric Cardiologists come up to Williamsport for a clinic, so we will be able to have our appointment here. This will save us the drive to Harrisburg.

It was great to see Riley come home from school today. She loved it and told us she was ready to go back tomorrow...so that is good! We are getting ready to head to bed, so I hope everyone had a great Monday!

#nhos

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing such valuable information. all have had so much learning from this post.

    ReplyDelete