Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunny Saturday

What a beautiful day! I actually woke up really early this morning before anyone else. Both Matt and Nolan didn't get out of bed until about 7:30 am. So, this morning I made some coffee, cleaned up the apartment, got meds ready, etc. It was nice and relaxing...almost NORMAL!

I had three missions today. First was to get to Target and buy a car seat for Nolan. CHECK! Second was to go to my old co-worker's baby shower. CHECK! And third was to get back to the Ronald McDonald House to visit with our good friends, Autumn and Tony Dippolito, who stopped by to see us. CHECK! Albeit late to 2 out of 3 missions, I got them all done. The baby shower was really nice. Bridget is one of the cutest pregnant women I have seen. She looks amazing and I am so excited for her, her husband and their son. They are expecting another boy. Congrats to you both! Then, it's always great to see the Dippolito's. We have nothing but laughs when we are together.

And to add on to what was an amazing day, Matt and I got Nolan outside and went for a walk. It was gorgeous and so refreshing! We then had our friends Ashley and Trevor Halligan over for pizza and wings...and basketball. Their son is Ollie, he is still currently in the CICU, so they can use all the prayers in the world! He is doing well, he just needs to have consistent GOOD days so he can get to 8a and then HOME!

Nolan is doing wonderfully. He is truly amazing. I think we are ready. I feel it. He actually sat up without any help for over a minute! We work on some PT today, ate some sweet potatoes, practice with the bottle...I am so proud of him. I almost actually feel like we had a normal day. I pray this continues.

Matt is heading home tomorrow...then he will be back Thursday with my mom or dad so we can pack up the apartment. THEN FRIDAY...Matt and I will travel home with our little man!

Hoping for another amazing day tomorrow...and for you all, too!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment