Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sliding Downhill Into The Weekend

Another day spent on 8a. Nolan had another great day. Matt said that he is physically made a vast improvement since last week. He rocked today during physical therapy. They had him work on tummy time, which they had to wait on up until now to help heal is sternum. Matt said he was rolling really well and he seems to be trying to get to his knees and pushing with his arms. I can't even IMAGINE what it would be like to see him crawling! When I close my eyes I can picture Nolan running around at the cabin with his shirt off, showing off that scar...playing in the creek. I can't wait for that day.

 

Matt said that he didn't do as well in speech therapy today, but he thinks because he was worn out and just not interested. He did only throw up 2 times today, so the changes they have made to his medicines and feeds seem to be going well. Preliminary MRI results came back from cardiology and radiology and they said everything looks the same as it did in the past. We should know for sure by tomorrow after we talk to neurology, but I am optimistic that everything is OK. I believe he will stay on the Keppra for preventative measures (anti-seizure medications) for awhile. On other medicine news, by March 14 he should be completely off ALL sedation medications! The weaning plan that has been given to us seems to be going very well, so that is three meds off the list! No talk about when they plan to discharge him. I believe they want to observe him for a few more days to make sure the GI situation is under control.

Back in Muncy we had a pretty good day. Tonight Riley and I went to Becky Shaner's house to have dinner and let the kids play. We are so blessed to be able to see our kids grow up together! Riley is finally at the age where she can keep up and "play." I LOVE to watch it. I think her and Everett (their son, almost 4) will be causing some problems in the future. :)

Tomorrow is Thursday! So far I have had a good week at home and with Riley. Yes, still sleeping in my bed. This is going to be a bad trend to break! I just can't make her upset right now. Makes me too sad!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment