Sunday, March 30, 2014

6 Months Later

Phew! Through another day. I think there are a few things we are adapting to. One, being parents again for two young ones...we were only 4 1/2 months in when we started this journey, so we were still definitely adapting. And even then we were in and out of the hospital with Nolan. Two, we have done many projects around the house during this time...things that were already scheduled. On top of that we used the house as a transient stop, so needless to say, home life is a little disorganized. This is very minor, but drives me crazy! :) Three, life with Nolan. Constant fear, wonder and hoping that he is OK! Tomorrow our home nursing begins. I will be staying home for the day to meet with the nurses that will be rotating for Nolan's care and Tuesday I will be back to work! (or so goes the plan!) Another big start is that Riley will be going back to school! I think it will be really good for her. She needs to be around kids, get some structure, learn how to follow rules...and have fun out of the house! So, tomorrow is a big day.

As far as how Nolan is doing, he seems to be having a better day. He only threw up one, around 3 am. And we think we know what the issue is. We are pretty sure Nolan had a GI bug because I have been sick all day, too. Today I learned that being a mom of two does not really allow you to rest when you are sick! I have been sanitizing everything all day today in hopes Matt or Riley do not get sick. YUCK! Stomach bug is the worst!!

My last part of this post is that today marks 6 months since we almost lost Nolan and our journey began. I always reflect back to that day and think if everything didn't happen the way that it did this would have been a totally different story. So many people made the best decisions that day that saved Nolan's life. I am forever grateful to them all.

I am going to cut this short...I am still not 100% and am going to try to get to bed ASAP. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

#nhos

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being such a great leader. The other team members and I are really inspired by your actions.

    ReplyDelete