Saturday, March 1, 2014

Picture Day

After having a tough week, today was a nice day. I got to spend it with my sister, Matt and Nolan; and a few visitors from home: Amber and Kaleb Roudabush (and their son, Kayden) and Amy and Wes Brink (and their daughter, Lucy and friend, Kelly). So, it was a packed house (but fun!)

Amber and Kaleb came to obviously see Nolan (ha!), but also to drop off stuffed bears made for each patient in the cardiac unit (8a and CICU). Kaleb is the Wellness Coordinator at The Williamsport Home, which is a retirement community with independent apartments and a licensed, skilled nursing and rehab therapy center. He gave the retirees an activity to make these bears in honor of Nolan Heart of Steel. How amazing! They are adorable, too. Thank you so much, Williamsport Home. Again, LOVE my community! From young to old, so much love for our baby boy. Thank you, Kaleb and Amber. Oh, and Amber is due in May with her second baby...it's a boy! We can't wait to meet him...in MAY. :)

Amy and Wes came so Amy could use her amazing photography skills and take some pictures of Nolan. We had a fun time jumping around, trying to amuse Nolan. Wait - we had a fun time watching AMY jumping around, trying to amuse Nolan...HA! It made me smile :) I can't wait to show of the beautiful photos. I got some inspiration from other heart mom's and included Nolan's Beads of Courage. Every time
Nolan goes through a procedure, has an X-ray, is overnight in the hospital...anything medical, he receives a bead. This is to show him later in life how courageous he was during every stage of his hospital stay. It is a great program and fun for the whole family!

Nolan had a great day. He is doing well. We should know more Monday where we stand on being discharged. I am debating on whether or not to stay for a couple reasons. One, we may be discharged early in the week, and two, snow storm! My sister may be stuck here, too!

Well, I am off to go watch the Pens play the Blackhawks! I hope you all have a great Saturday night!

PS: Have I ever mentioned how lucky I feel to have such amazing friends and family? Well - I am a lucky girl!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment