Saturday, March 29, 2014

First 24 Hours

I am sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Since Thursday life has been going a million miles a minute. Thursday and Friday in Pittsburgh we spent the time going to appointments and packing up the apartment. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated and after our appointment on Friday we hit the road back east. I was so amazed with Nolan. He did fantastic the whole drive home and only slept a little bit. The drive was long and nerve wracking. After being in such a critical state and walking out of the hospital being "free," you are on high alert for something bad to happen. Because that is what our life has been the past 6 months. We are always prepared for the worst.

Driving into Muncy was like we were getting a big hug. There was a "Welcome Home Nolan" sign on our front door with a lot of signatures from our colleagues at Susquehanna Health, balloons and our dear Riley waiting for us. I was the first to walk in the door (Fred and Janice Springman were watching Riley) and Janice was holding Riley so she could see us walking up the walkway...and Riley says to me, "is Noley coming??" Didn't even hug me, she was just all about seeing her little brother. When Nolan got into the house, it was so awesome to see them look at each other. THEY LOOK SO MUCH ALIKE! I just never took notice to how similar they are. Immediately Riley had to hold her brother, and it warmed our hearts. I couldn't believe it. This was the day we have been praying for since September 30. We made it. I felt like a mom again. I looked at both of them and can't believe they are our kids. So blessed. This is what is important in life. Family. Friends. Happiness.

ANNNND, I need to remind myself of that. :) I AM a little stressed because our home is disorganized, so my OCD is on full red alert. I keep taking deep breaths and telling myself...a little at a time, more importantly, enjoy time with family. So hard when you just want to get it done!! It will take me months, but OH WELL!

So, today hasn't been the greatest day for Nolan. He threw up a lot for some reason. So, we changed up his feeds with Pedialyte here and there between his formula feeds to make sure he was getting the proper electrolytes and staying hydrated. Since about 4 pm, he has been throw up free, so we started him on his continuous night feeds and are crossing our fingers everything stays down! Matt's parents stopped by this afternoon and my mom and dad brought us dinner. I am hoping we get some sleep tonight because I ended up sleeping with Riley (she woke us up in the middle of the night) and then Nolan was up at 5 am throwing up. Never a dull moment!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! And I do want to thank everyone for all the love and support. I have yet to get out personal thank yous, but they are in the works. I just hope everyone knows that we appreciate EVERYTHING that has been done for us. We really could not have gotten through this without your prayers, words of encouragement, donations, letters, cards, gifts, dinners....I can't wait to pay it forward!

#nhos

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the family. So happy that you are home and can experience life as a family. Prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and the family. Alexis, my 4 year old, wore her Nolan shirt yet again ( its her favorite) and told her class all about him and how he got to go home :) she was so happy for him. AND was excited his big sister gets to have her little brother back. ( Mikey is her little brother, 17 months and her best bud she says) I love happy endings and am beyond happy in my own heart that you all get to be together under one roof again. God Bless. - The Freys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the opportunity to work here. I will do my very best to exceed your expectations of my abilities.

    ReplyDelete