Saturday, January 11, 2014

Visit From The Big Cat

When I walked into Nolan's room this morning there were two nurses and the VAD tech in here. I got nervous, but they told me not to worry, he just had a huge blow out. :) He is on antibiotics because of his infection, so they are upset his belly a little. He has had a good day! Super bubbly and active, so I think we are back on course. Nolan did have an infection. The cultures came back as a form of streptococcus, so they put him on a different type of antibiotic. This morning they did the cultures (broviac and blood) and they came back negative, which is great! Yesterday if a heart would have come I do not think they would have accepted it for him. Going into a transplant with bacteria like he has can be very dangerous. But, now being on the antibiotic for 48 hours, I believe they would accept a heart should it be the perfect match for him. All in all, things are MUCH better for the little guy, thank God.

Today we had a visit from great friends of ours, Tony (Big Cat) and Autumn Dippolito. They are long-time friends of Matt's from back when he lived in Erie. We all haven't seen each other in a long time, so it was LONG over due to reconnect. We had a great lunch with them and Autumn's parents...shared lots of laughs. Thank you, Dippo's, for coming to brighten our day! And of course, for the amazing cookies (Autumn seriously makes THE BEST cookies on the planet - all the nurses agree!)

I have to cut this short. Matt and I are having a late dinner at a nice restaurant in Pittsburgh called Eleven. I am looking forward to it! With that said, I have to get myself ready and hang out with my little man before he goes to bed. OH, I got some decorations for our room and for some of our friends here. With Valentine's Day around the corner it is the best time to buy all the heart related items you need! (Target dollar bin - the best!)

Hope you all have a great night!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment