Monday, January 13, 2014

Productive Monday


All things considered, today was not a bad Monday. Nolan had a good day and has been super active, especially tonight. He is kicking his legs everywhere; I think he is practicing to run a marathon or play soccer. It is so good to see him happy and smiling. We just need this to continue until we get that call...and of course after!

As always, it was a busy Monday. The morning started with his echocardiogram and his VAD dressing change. During all of that he had music therapy. (The girl who plays the guitar and sings is amazing! Nolan LOVES her.) The nurses have her come sing and play music to Nolan while they do the echo and VAD dressing change because it relaxes him and takes his mind off of everyone poking at him. I remember when we first got to CHP one of our nurses recommended we get music therapy. I seriously was thinking to myself..."what is that going to do?" Well, I can vouch that it has helped Nolan in SO many ways. If I could have someone playing music in here all day, I would. He loves it!

After his echo and dressing change he had a pretty good nap. During that I decided to head over to the gym the hospital allows us to use and get a quick workout in. It's my goal to try to workout for at least 30 minutes whenever time allows me. When I got back, I found out that one of our friends son was going back down to the CICU because of respiratory distress. His name is Cohen, and he is 4 months old. He has been in the hospital since he was born and is a cute, little fighter! Some prayers and good vibes are greatly appreciated for Cohen and his family! https://www.facebook.com/TeamCohenAllen I helped Stephanie (Cohen's mom) get stuff back to their room at the Ronald McDonald house so she could get settled back in the CICU. We hope to see them back up here with us soon!

Nolan got some physical therapy early this evening. The therapists said he did the best they have seen as far as putting weight on his legs. He is really enjoying getting up, sitting, stretching and doing tummy time. It is so good for him to get out of bed and get moving! You can see the improvement, it's awesome. He is such a fighter and works hard. I can't wait to see what he can do without the VAD. Oh, I hope those days are coming soon. Even though we have come so far, it is so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I pray we get the chance. I pray that the four children waiting for a heart gets a chance (and all the rest of the kids here!)

WELL, I am going to kiss Nolan good night (I already got him to sleep) and head over to the Ronald McDonald for some shut eye. All in all...not a bad Monday. :) Excited for Friday to see Matt and my baby girl!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment