Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 81

All the doctors have told us...we can promise you, he will get a heart this year! :) Today marks day 81 on the transplant list. We were asked if we would want to know when someone gets a heart transplant at CHP and if we would want to know whether they rejected a heart for Nolan. I said yes to both, and today a child received her gift! We all agree that it's exciting that things are happening here! And they always say that hearts come in clusters, so let's pray we get a few more for the rest of us! :) I hope the surgery went well today, as I am sure it did. Lots of prayers to that little girl, her family and the donor family.

Things here have been good and busy! I was going to leave Thursday to head back home, however with the crazy weather and having a tough time leaving my boys, I decided to stay the rest of the week and through the weekend. I will head back to Muncy on Sunday to see my baby girl! Next weekend I am going to bring Riley with me so she can play with Lacy, Faith's big sister. It should be fun and will be nice to have our family all together.

Nolan has been doing AMAZING in physical and occupational therapy! We have been getting him out of bed, working on his core and rolling. They are impressed! Not only that, today Nolan ate almost a tablespoon of applesauce. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but this is the first thing he has put in his belly since September 30. It is promising to know that he has the swallowing down and handled the food. Makes me super happy.

Yesterday Matt's brother, Blaine, came to visit us for the day/night. We spent the day with Nolan (Matt and I worked) and went out to dinner. It was nice to see him. We had a snowy day/night...and now the temperature is CRAZY cold.

Knowing that someone received their heart today brings me hope. We are going to get there and this is going to happen! I honestly felt major anxiety all day just thinking about our day, or one of the other kids day that we have gotten to know and care for. I feel like it's not far away us...all of us.

Nolan is about to take a nap, so I think Matt and I are going to grab some dinner somewhere. I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! I am so glad to spend some time with Matt and can't wait to see my baby girl.

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com
DON'T FORGET! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment