Friday, January 24, 2014

Update 4 - Looking Good

Nolan's new heart is in and pumping. He is currently on bypass and will be for a little longer. They will be observing the heart to make sure it is functioning properly. Once they feel comfortable, they will remove the bypass and begin observation of his new heart pumping on its own.

The feeling is overwhelming. The thought that he has another child's heart inside of him, saving his life, is starting to hit me. We are so blessed and I just feel like the donor's family are the bravest people I know. My heart aches for the pain they must be going through. I wish I could reach out and hug them. They are our hero's.

All the nurses in the CICU are excited to have their little man back! We are going back into our room that we spent so much time in during the beginning of this journey. I also left out that the room we were in on the 8th floor was the room that our other Nolan was in when he and his family got the call. There are so many amazing coincidences that go on here. So many miracles. Let's hope ours has a happy ending.

January 24, 2014 - a day to celebrate forever. Thank you organ donors! More news to follow.

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear it went well. There is much to be thankful for. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for Nolan, you and your family as well as the donors family! My heart goes out to you all and I hope and pray for nothing but the best. So much to be thankful for! You all are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing news! I am so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete