Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Party Animal

Thankfully, we are holding pretty steady here and I really do not have much to report. Nolan had a good day. When I came this morning the nurses told me that Nolan was up at 1:30 am ready to party. His new movies that he has taken a liking to is Monsters University and Little Mermaid. Two of his nurses are red heads, so we think he is taking a liking to them. :) So the majority of my morning Nolan slept and I got a lot of work done! Tuesdays he is usually pretty sleepy because of everything that goes on Mondays. Once he got up speech therapy came by, so we had him up in his chair; and a little later OT came, so we got him back in his chair. We practiced feeding him some pears, which he took a little. Not too much gagging, so that is good! I believe the only other major change was that they lowered Nolan's methadone again a little. So, they will continue to do that a couple more times through the week. They rotate the sedation wean per week, I believe. He seems to be doing OK right now.

I had a really productive work day and even ran 3 miles! I was going to go out to eat with my old roomies from Penn State, Alisa and Kelly, but Nolan seems to get really fussy at night before he goes to bed, so I skipped out. He gets his beta blocker around 9 pm and I can see when his heart rate increases, he tends to get really hyper and irritable. So, it took me until about 9:30 pm to get him down and asleep. I was sad to miss them, however, it is beyond hard to leave Nolan when he is awake...and just in general. :)

Today is day 92. It is getting rough. It is hard watching those families we have been with for awhile go through their ups and downs, let alone our own, too. It is tiring. I just feel like something should happen soon, but at the same time it feels like years away. Just need to remember to take everything day by day. Keep my head down and press on. I can't make anything happen faster, we just have to pray that he stays healthy so when that call comes he is ready. THAT is what's most important.

Well, I am exhausted. Tomorrow's Wednesday and I get to see my dad!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

2 comments:

  1. Such a precious photo...Love his smile! I check your blog every night and pray for Nolan, Mommy and Daddy and grandparents, too. I've come to love your little boy.

    ReplyDelete