Sunday, January 5, 2014

Icy Muncy

I left Pittsburgh around 9:15 this morning just in case the weather got bad back east. There were warnings of freezing rain that continually got delayed as I was driving, so I made it back in great timing and had some time to get all of our Christmas presents organized into one heap on our dining room table, my suitcase upstairs, my walks shoveled and went through mail. I became overwhelmed looking at my crazy house, so I came up to my parents for pork and sauerkraut (a New Year's tradition). The rain started while we were here; Riley and I went to leave discovering that the entire driveway was one sheet of ice. Playing it safe, Riley and I decided to stay at my parents house. Honestly, being at my house stresses me out because I have so much to do there! So, I plan on getting a good night sleep and back to reality tomorrow!

Matt reports that Nolan had a great day. He got a new mobile in his bed that gives him something new to look at. I think the majority of the day was spent watching football with his dad, which honestly, I think he really enjoys! Tomorrow (Mondays) are a busy day for Nolan. VAD dressing change, broviac dressing change, physical and occupational therapy...he always sleeps well Monday nights!

I heard that the girl who received the heart Friday is doing well. We are so happy to hear that! Always saying a lot of prayers for her, her family and all our other heart families at CHP. Today is day 83 on the transplant list. It is hard for me to say that we are getting close because I feel like I have been saying that for so long. :) I do believe that all children wait for that PERFECT heart, I am just so thankful Nolan is healthy and ready for that day. Let's hope this trend continues!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment