Monday, January 20, 2014

Busy Morning for Nolan - Day 98

A busy Monday has been had by the McLaughlin family. Nolan started his morning off by trying to pull out his NJ tube (feeding tube). When he does this they have X-ray come in to make sure the tube is placed properly. Well, it wasn't. When that happens he has to go back to IR (interventional radiology) so they can place the tube properly by using ultrasound. Because of that, they had to hold all of his morning medications. He finally got to IR at 11:30 am. Once he got to IR they gave him chloral (sedation med) and placed the tube back properly. After that he was transported back to his room and the nurses did his VAD dressing change. Matt said he turned down PT and OT today due to his medications being behind. Matt did get him out of bed for about an hour to practice sitting and he enjoyed time in his MamaRoo (a step up from the swing!) I guess he loves it! His big thing right now is blowing strawberries and trying to make people laugh. He is a sweetheart...and truly a great baby given the situation he is in. He is a very patient boy! Matt said he had a great day. Still trying to pull out the NJ...I have a feeling it won't be out last time getting that placed back in properly.

So, that was Nolan's day. Back east we had a good day. It was a busy day at work, which makes the days go fast (which I like!) My dad picked up Riley from my house after work and I got to hit the gym. Definitely helps me out more mentally than anything. Then I went to my parents house for dinner. Now another night comes to an end. Riley pulled the scared card and is sleeping in bed with me again. I need to break this habit quickly. (Although right now I don't mind it! It will just be different when Matt is home!)

Another busy day tomorrow. Already looking forward to the weekend with my family! :)

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com
Don't Forget About the Upcoming Events in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment