Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lazy Saturday

I just woke up from a much needed, awesome nap. I am not normally good at napping, but today I think I needed it. (I have learned in all of this that I tend to sleep when I am under a lot of stress and/or worried.) Admittedly, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I had all sorts of grumpiness going on. Yesterday was a mix of emotions knowing that a heart transplant took place here at CHP. Matt and I have a sense of nervousness knowing our time is near. We are ready for it to happen, but we also know he is going to get intubated again, pumped full of sedations medicines and this is when our new life will start. Matt and I are in full understanding of the amount of work this will be once we are in the groove of "life." Medications around the clock, physical therapy, occupational therapy, learning how to eat, worrying about germs/infections, wondering what his life will be like and that is to name a few if everything from here on out goes to plan. We are more than ready to take all of that on, it is all surreal. There are four of us on the eighth floor, all neighbors, waiting...waiting for our call. The process and how it takes place is truly a mystery, but I really do know we are all waiting for our perfect heart. Each baby/child is different, and they all have different needs.

So anyway, we have had a pretty lazy Saturday. During my nap I kept thinking someone was coming into our room to give us the news. I think all of this is driving me crazy! :) Nolan is doing great. He is still chewing away on his fingers and really starting to be verbal. It's cute...I think he is trying to tell us something! Tomorrow I will head back to Muncy. I REALLY thought I wouldn't be heading back, but it is time. I miss Riley so much, and I haven't been home since Christmas Eve. I need some time out of the hospital, at home with Riley, at work and see my parents/friends. I look forward to bringing Riley back with me next weekend. From here on out Matt and I will be alternating weeks instead of him being here for two weeks and me one. My hope is that we have Nolan home before his 1st birthday! Nolan will be 9 months next weekend!

Nothing else to report. We are all doing well. The staff here are starting to become good friends, as well as other families (and families who have been in our position!) I am sure Matt and I have made some connections that will last for a long time. We look forward to seeing our heart babies grow up and thrive together!

I am off to take a shower. Matt and Nolan are relaxing with each other watching Duke basketball and the NFL playoffs. We hope everyone is having a great weekend!

ONE MORE DAY CLOSER :)

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

1 comment:

  1. Christy Smith - South Wmspt.January 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

    Thinking good thoughts for Nolan and your family each and every day!
    May God bring all his blessings upon you all ! Hang in there McLaughlin family ! <3

    ReplyDelete