Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunny Sunday

Good morning! Everyone is still asleep, so I figured I would try to get a quick post in before our day begins. Yesterday was by-far the most "normal" day we have had in about a year. Exactly a year ago I went into labor with Nolan at 33 weeks. It was a confusing day because I had a c-section with Riley and never experience labor pains. I actually texted on of my best friends, Abby, and asked..."so, what do contractions feel like?" Well, long story short, they were indeed contractions and I was indeed in labor. They stopped the labor for 5 days...and Saturday we will celebrate Nolan's first birthday! The thought of it and this entire year we went through brings me to tears. So much that has happened to him. Most of it people will never experience in a lifetime. We are so thankful that he is still here with us. I would have fought forever.

We have had a very nice weekend at home. Nolan seems to be feeling better. He still has some small throw ups here and there. He has really been showing strength in his legs being able to push and actually stand (supported). This week we meet with early intervention to begin PT and OT again. Now that he is feeling better, we are also going to start working on oral feeds, sippy cup, etc. Physically he is doing great. I am excited for him to begin therapy. Although, once he is really mobile I am going to have to baby proof the house all over again! 

Riley is doing great. She had a fun first week of preschool. This morning she will be going to Sunday school, then her and I will go to church. We are making a point to keep her active, make "Riley" time and ensure she still does what a three-year old should be doing. I am a little nervous because she seems to be getting a cold...so, if it gets worse we may have her stay at my parents house. Sounds horrible, but we can't risk getting Nolan sick right now. She is so good at washing her hands and not getting up in Nolan's face. We tell her how we all need to stay healthy, so it's best to not touch others. Not the easiest thing to do with a toddler.

Well, that is the latest! We are hoping for another good week. Today is going to be beautiful, so we are going to take a drive to our cabin and go for a walk! I will update later today with pictures!

#nhos

2 comments:

  1. Have a good rest if the day with your precious family. Thank you God for your blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It warms my heart to see and read about this "normalcy" finally for Nolan and ur family. U are in my thoughts every single day! <3

    ReplyDelete