Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Quick Days!

Days go quick working full-time and caring for two kids! Last night ALL the slept through the entire night. It was great. Believe it or not, Riley is worse than Nolan. She came into our room Sunday night and insisted that there was a scary monster in her bed. She wasn't even upset about it...she just walked in to our room and said very matter of fact-like, "well, the scary monster is in my bed!" Ummm, what? This kind of creeps me out! But, last night was quiet and I think tonight may be even quieter because we had to send Riley up to my parents for the evening. She is starting to show signs of a cold, so we thought it would be best for her to stay her distance from Nolan. It breaks my heart, but it is the best for us all!

This morning start out with a trip to the Williamsport Regional Medical Center lab for weekly lab draws. We popped in and out pretty quick and I think it is always nice to get Nolan OUT of the house. He will always be pretty cooped up until late July. Poor guy, but he will thank us! I am so excited for everyone to see and meet him, we just can't risk him getting ill. I will feel even better once flu season is over!

After lab draws I dropped Nolan back off at home with his nurse and went to work. It is nice to get away and focus in on something other than "HEART" related things. Sometimes you need a break! That and I do enjoy my job, so it's a win win. This evening we met with Early Intervention. They are who set up Nolan's PT and OT. It's wonderful because it will all be done in the home and the nurses will be involved to see treatment through when the therapists are not there. Like I have said before, we have an amazing team of care givers! Nolan is such a lucky little man. I swear he does look better and better all the time.

Thursday we are back the Hershey Heart Group for our bi-weekly cardiology appointment. Matt is going to take the plunge and venture to it by his self. AHHH - I hope that have a quiet trip!

So, Saturday is the big day. Our baby boy turns one. So hard to believe. Apart of me feels like all of this happened so long ago. I am still baffled. Like, did this all really happen? Did we really spend more than 200 days in hospitals the first year of his life? When you are in the thick of it you just go. But when you think about it after the fact, I just wonder how I could muster the energy to deal! I honestly think I struggle more now than then! I will say this, having our family near has really made this a much easier process. I do not know what we would do without them. They are always there whenever we call on them. We are so blessed. We love you guys so much.

I am babbling now. I am going to SLEEP...and hopefully through the entire night. Tomorrow I will let you all in on some TEAM NOLAN events coming up this spring! We are so honored by the love and support from so many people!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment