Monday, April 28, 2014

I Am Back!

Sorry for slacking on the updates! We had a busy, but fun weekend. Last week was probably the most normal and best week that we have had since Nolan was born. He has been pretty much a perfect one year old. Very chill, chatty, giggly and on a good routine. As I sit here Riley is asleep next to me on the couch, Nolan is asleep in his swing, Matt and I both on our computers...Pens hockey is on...life is good.

Saturday was a pretty amazing day. It started off with a 5K in Nolan's honor organized by Hayden's Heart non-profit. Ady and Rob Dorsett (parents of Hayden) are amazing people. I felt as though I had known them for a long time when I actually just met them that day. There is an immediate bond between heart families. I can't quite explain it, but it's there. Ady and Rob started Hayden's Heart in memory of their son, Hayden, by helping other families in their time of need and raise CHD (congenital heart defect) awareness. I had heard about Hayden prior to even being pregnant with Nolan, so when Ady reached out to me asking to help, I was honored...and it immediately brought to tears. I have a feeling we will continue to help each other raise awareness about CHD and other pediatric heart conditions (such as cardiomyopathy) for many years...and I look forward to it! Thank you so much, Ady and Rob. And congratulations to you both on the newest member of the family - Hudson is a beautiful baby!

Also on Saturday there was another 5 K event in Danville, PA. Unfortunately I could not make it, however we had other family members representing...Matt's parents, Riley and his aunts (Cathy, Kim and Nancy). The race was organized by friends from the area - Jessica Amon and Erin Marion. They had a good turnout and I think the weather held up! Thank you both so much for taking your time to raise funds for our little man. It means so much to us and will help ensure that he does not have to stress about monies for continued care throughout his lifetime.

On Saturday after the race, this mama had the day off, thanks to my wonderful husband and in-laws. Matt watched Nolan for the day/night and Matt's parents watched Riley...I got to spend the day with some of my favorite gals celebrating bride-to-be, Maureen. We first went to an amazing bridal shower and then had a girls night out at her family's cabin. (Yes - ladies at a cabin...and we actually made our own fire!) Needless to say, I took advantage of my time off and let loose and had LOTS of laughs with these funny gals. I finally feel human again. :) Maureen - I am so happy for you and Conor...you both have so many amazing memories ahead of you. Thank you for letting my family and I be apart of the first memory as husband and wife! And thank you gals for a great evening!

Nolan has a pretty normal upcoming week. Thursday he has an appointment with his cardiologist in Harrisburg. In two weeks we'll be back to Pittsburgh for his fourth biopsy. Pretty soon they will slowly continue to space out! He will have physical therapy appointment this week (once a week), and he'll start occupational therapy next week. He has been sitting for quite awhile on his own, we're practicing army crawling, he eats a little throughout the day...I would like to practice more on the eating, so that's my goal.

Thank you to those who attended the races this past weekend! Ady and I talked, and we want to make it an annual event - so more on that in the future!

#nhos
http://www.haydensheart.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment