Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Busy Days

I am back!

I am not sure where to start? We now officially have a one year old boy. So hard to believe! Sunday we celebrated Nolan's birthday out at our cabin. It was a fun afternoon with our family and a few close family friends. The weather was amazing and I am so thankful we all got to spend the day outside. Being out at the Cabin has me ready for summer! If the mosquitoes aren't totally horrible this season I am betting we spend much of our time on the Loyalsock Creek.

We had a beautiful birthday cake made by one of my friends, Rachael Thomas. Not only was the cake AWESOME looking (Super Man themed...thanks to our friends in Millville, PA and their creativity), it was absolutely delicious. She made us a dozen cake pops (LOVE!), a cake and a smash cake for our little one year old. We let him at it, and he wasn't interested in eating it, but definitely in to smashing it...then putting it on his daddy's face. Pictures to come soon - I got a new camera and I need to figure out how to get my pictures off my camera using our wireless Internet. I hope to have them tomorrow!

The day got ahead of us and we didn't even get to open presents. So, Riley and I took care of that yesterday. We had a little opening party and Nolan got some great gifts. Thank you! It has been a challenge reigning Miss Riley in and sharing. She has been a little off her game...breaking rules, not pottying...THREE YEAR OLDS! They are a challenge! She is harder to deal with than Nolan! BUT, her cuteness always seems to make us forget about it all at the end of the day.

Nolan had a pretty busy day. He is still having some throw ups. We are always in constant contact with our wonderful transplant coordinator, and she keeps the doctors informed on what's going on with Nolan. So, we are just keeping an eye on him. Babies do throw up, he is teething like crazy and his gag reflex seems to be pretty sensitive again. I am looking forward to our therapy sessions starting up again next week! I think once we get these services started back up Nolan is going to progress quickly. This morning we had labs and then I heard from our home nurse that Nolan decided to pull his feeding tube out. She managed to get a new one placed and the rest of the day went pretty well for him.

I did my good deed today and donated blood! I am going to try to do it as much as I can. Thinking about how much blood Nolan received while at CHP, donating blood is such an easy, quick way to give back (if you can stomach it!)

Tomorrow Matt and I are going to go out on our first date in quite a while. My parents are going to keep an eye on the kids for a few hours so we can have some adult time. It is definitely needed and I am looking forward to it!

Life at home is VERY SLOWLY coming together. I have so many things I want to do; I am trying to just do what I can and not stress. It is so hard. I wish I could rest my brain! On that note, I am going to try to turn it off and get some rest. We are getting consistent 3 am wake up calls...let's hope for a FULL night of rest!

#nhos

No comments:

Post a Comment