Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl

Dear Riley,

First off, I want to apologize for not throwing you the party you deserve on your 3rd birthday. Albeit a wonderful night with our close friends and family, you will always get the rockin' party we normally give you after this year.

Second, your dad and I are so proud of you! You are growing up to be such a fun, energetic, smart young girl. This has not been an easy time for your dad and I; and I am glad that you (hopefully) do not remember the craziness that has been our life. I want to let you know that when Nolan got sick you were our number one priority. Nolan's ailments were out of our hands, but you, we wanted to make sure life remained as normal as possible. It pains your dad and I to be away from you weeks at a time. You are growing so quickly; even one week away from you something is new. It is sad to not be with you all the time, but know you are with us everywhere we go.

After Nolan was born and we became a family of four, it was hard for both your dad and I. Our world has always been surrounded by you. We almost felt like we were cheating. Your dad even said to me, "I love both of my children equally, but Riley will always be my ONE - she is who changed me forever." When Nolan got sick, there wasn't a soul that could face Matt and I without that look of sorrow and sadness. It's not anyone's fault, it was just a horribly sad situation. But then I would look into your eyes. Your joy, happiness and love for your dad and I is what got us through EVERY day. It is still what helps me get up in the morning. Riley, we would have never made it through Nolan's sickness without you. You are such a blessing and have given your dad and I a reason to move forward in life.

Lastly, life as we know is has changed. You will probably never know any different, but I want you to know how truly special and important you are to us. You make so many people happy, and you are the apple of your dad, Pap and Grandfather's eye (just to mention a few people.) I hope you and Nolan grow up having so much fun together. You are an amazing big sister and I know you can't wait for Noley to come home. I hope you had a great 3rd birthday. Your dad and I are both happy we got to spend some time with you celebrating. You have so much ahead of you...I am loving watching you grow into a beautiful young girl. I am a proud Mama!

I love you forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. That is the best birthday tribute I have ever read in my life!! Happy Birthday Riley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. It is one of the best posts I have read and felt so emotional. My girl will also turn 3 years old and I am willing to arrange a fun party for her. We have a huge guest list and this is why we would like to go with the rental event space Atlanta so that the guests can be comfortable at the spacious location.

    ReplyDelete