Saturday, February 8, 2014

Belly Problems

No one likes belly problems. That has been what our day has consist of. There's a few reasons why Nolan is experiencing belly problems. First, the increased the dose of one of his anti-rejection medications, Cellcept, which is known to cause nausea/vomiting, amongst EVERY other side-effect. I just looked up the side effects, and read this list (it made me laugh). Like, what effect does it NOT have?

Other reasons, we have increased his bolus feeds during the day, and that is obviously causing him irritability. So, we are going to back down on it for a day, and then try to increase later in the week. You can tell he is also teething, so that always can cause some belly problems.

So, today was not great, in terms of irritability. Thank goodness they don't do the bolus feeds during the night, so he should have a more relaxing night. He hardly slept during the day, so I am sure he will have a very restful night. My mom and dad got into town this afternoon around 4. They are here to see Nolan because this coming week they are heading to Costa Rica to celebrate their birthdays (my dad turned 60 and my mom turns 60 in September). We are going to grab a late dinner tonight after Nolan falls asleep.

OH! Preliminary biopsy results came back positively. We will know the final results Monday, but his rejection status is between 0 and 1a. 0 is nothing, 1 a is slight rejection (which is normal), so that is good news! More on that Monday and I will explain further the status of rejection.

Some other good news, there is another patient on the heart transplant list who is also on a VAD. She is 17 years old (I believe) and she is receiving the gift of life tonight! I was so excited to hear about his and spoke to her dad in the elevator. He had the biggest smile on his face and I could just feel his relief. Lots of prayers to her and her donor family; and the team of surgeons tonight!

This is going to be a short post tonight! My parents are going to visit Faith and then we are going to head to dinner. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment