Sunday, February 16, 2014

Best Weekend

I hope this is the start to many wonderful weekends. Our world is slowly starting to come together. Having gone through so many up and downs with Nolan, when things are going so well you can't help but feel nervous that something is going to ruin it. I pray we are through the worst.

We took Nolan on a ride in his stroller today
All around Nolan is doing great. He acts like a normal 10 month old. He is working on rolling to his belly (almost there!), chewing on anything and chatting up a storm. He has his occasional throw ups through the day, mostly when he gets an oral med in his mouth to prevent thrush and if he gags himself (he has a short gag-reflex). I can not even begin to explain how wonderful it feels to have our baby back. I feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders. I still have a lot of fears for Nolan, but presently speaking, things are amazing.

Father - Son Bonding
Matt and I suspect that they are going to push to get us discharged this week. We are trying to actually stay this week because tomorrow he will be getting a new picc line placed and Friday he has his second biopsy. We also haven't even started administering meds on our own and been trained on how to care for his NG tube - so, we are hoping to stay through the entire week then maybe the following week be discharged. I get butterflies thinking about it! I am excited and nervous. There's a lot of care involved and meds that he NEEDS to live, so...no pressure or anything. But, someday soon it will be like second nature to us.

Well, I am back at home. As like most Sunday evenings here I have Riley sleeping next to me. We had a lot of talks about Nolan tonight. I used to keep Nolan's bedroom door shut because it was just too hard to look at. But now I have it opened and we are getting it cleaned up and ready for Nolan's return. I had Riley help me and she hung out there a lot tonight, talking about Nolan coming home and how he isn't sick anymore. She also told me she was going to take care of him. I am so happy she still recognizes who he is and that she is a big sister.

Another busy week! I am ready to continue getting our house back together and prepping for us all to be at home. We are SO close!

#nhos
teamnolan.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment