Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Busy July

So far our month of July has been crazy, busy! But all in a good way. This past weekend we had our annual family party at our cabin. Nolan made a small appearance on Saturday, but was otherwise with his Meena and Grandfather McLaughlin throughout the weekend (along with Riley). We are still not having him around large crowds of people, and it is good that he gets used to spending some time with his grandparents! Over the weekend his crawling skills when from stumbley to a full out crawl. He is a quick one and even quicker to pull himself up on anything he can. It is so amazing to see, but we are now having flashbacks on how it is dealing with toddlers. The baby proofing has begun again in the McLaughlin household.

This coming Friday is biopsy day. At first I wasn't really nervous about it, but now I am thinking more about it and I am. He is doing so well, I just hate the thought of having to go through the sedation and being intubated. BUT, it is a same-day surgery and he has done well in the past...I am just anxious to get it over with. While we are in Pittsburgh we also have an appointment with GI which we will discuss his feedings. He has been eating more food, so I would imagine we will (hopefully) remove the ailmentum formula and use something more like pedia-sure so we know he is getting vitamins. The eating has been going amazing. He is chewing and swallowing, drinking water a little...and not gagging (actually ENJOYING it). So, I think we are on our way. Which is a good thing because the more mobile he is the harder it is becoming to keeping him in one place during a feeding!

Well, I am off to bed. We leave for Pittsburgh after work tomorrow. I will update through the weekend!

#nhos

1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart happy :) Have a safe trip to Pgh. I'll say a prayer that the biopsy goes well. If you have any issues or need anything while you are out here, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete